Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s health physiotherapy refers to treatment of disorders that occur during a woman’s different phases in life, ranging from adulthood, pre and post pregnancy, menopause and later in life. These disorders can be very concerning and can affect bladder and bowel control as well and genital pain, and our women’s health physiotherapist has the training and knowledge to help you.
Are these some of the issues that concern you?
- I often get a sudden, urgent need to empty my bladder, and worry that I may not make it to the toilet on time.
- I leak urine when I cough, walk or jump, and this has happened shortly after having a baby and continues to be an issue even a year later.
- At the end of the day, I have a feeling of heaviness in my genital area, and sometime I also have low back pain, especially if I’ve been more active then usual.
- When I have a bowel movement, it feels like I’m not empty completely and it can be quite uncomfortable.
- It is painful during penetrative sexual activity with my partner.
Now these are some problems that may occur and they will have an impact on your health and wellbeing, but this doesn’t have to be the end for you. Our therapist has the knowledge and skills to help you resolve these disorders and help restore your quality of life back to where it should be.